Saturday, February 03, 2007

Well...Let Me Pray About It!

As a side note: Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I guess I don't really have an excuse...
Anways, I think one of the most annoying things is when people say they will "pray about it". Please understand, I am not saying as in some cases, which you really do need to pray about. But, then there are the typical, "Would you care if I used the fellowship hall for -----" and the response, "I don't know. Let me pray about it."
That's a really well...ludicrous example, but it kinda shows my point. We use prayer so often as an excuse and nothing more.

But, there is another side to this story that I want to add. In the area of tithing, you need to pray about what to give. Maybe God wants you to give this much or that much, but all the same, you need to pray and ask him. Or maybe it is a life-changing decision, one that you will have to live with the consequences. Pray about it.

PS Another Note: Well, you know I posted another quote from the Two Towers. Well, I memorized it. :P

No comments: