Friday, February 16, 2007

Well...God Gave the Increase!

I love 1 Corinthians 3:6. Paul says, "I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth[increase]. Paul takes absolutely no credit for what he did in the equasion. He gave God all the glory. We need to be like that.

Many times I know we (myself included!) tend to think of ourselves are heroic for the very least little thing. You know, "Oh, I picked up a toy, and Mom didn't ask me too. I must be the greatest thing on earth!" I'm not belittling obeying your mother, you should. But, you should go above and beyond what she asks. I know that I could improve in this way, and I know others can too. We need to do as much as we can, remembering Jesus's words (If you do this to least of these, you are doing it to me.). If we just tell someone "Thank you" or say something politely, we are doing it to Jesus. But, on the flip side, if we say something rude or not nice, we are doing that to Jesus. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be rude to Jesus (Who wouldn't?).

But, back to the other, I think we need to live with humility. Micah 6:8 says "He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" We need to walk humbly. What does that mean for you? Stepping out of the spotlight? Making friends with the person no one wants to be friends with? Be prepared to do anything without credit. Sometimes you will have thankless jobs. Sometimes you'll feel no one cares about what you do. Sometimes people might take advantage of your willingness to serve and help others. Be ready! God will give you your reward in heaven, so don't worry about the one down here.

No comments: