Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Daddy, There's Noise

This is a poem I got off the Rebelution forums. I read this poem and it really spoke to me about how weak and pitiful we are. Anways, Heidi M. wrote it. Here is the link to her website: http://www.xanga.com/a blessed servant. I highly encourage you to tell her if you like her poem.



Daddy, There’s Noise
by Heidi M.

Daddy, when I'm sick and weak, and all my strength has fled
Let me sit upon Your knee and hear the words You said
To listen as I hear Your smile within the gentle voice
Calling me to rest in You from all the outward noise.

Daddy, I am so confused, with all that's spinning 'round
I need Your hand to lift me up off what might be the ground.
Draw me closer, keep me near, oh, help me to hold true –
And so receive the strength I need from You to pull me through.

Daddy, why the struggles? Why the trials and the pain?
I try so hard to just press on and count each loss as gain
But I'm so tired and I know the battle's raging fierce
So please reach down, and let Your touch this worldly mindset pierce.

Daddy, I am sick and weak, and all my strength has fled
I am hugging tight my knees, all curled up on my bed.
Let me hear Your gentle smile within the whispered voice
And give me joy to bravely turn and face the outward noise.

No comments: