Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Jesus Freaks

Okay, well I'm sorry if some of you don't use that word. Trust me, it isn't original. It actually comes from a very cool website called (guess what?!) Jesus Freaks! This website was made by DC Talk after they published their books Jesus Freaks and Jesus Freaks II. A Jesus Freak is a person willing to die for their faith, and ultimately their God. This is a very cool website and I highly encourage to visit it. Here is statement available on the site to those who want to be a Jesus Freak:

Commit Yourself to Being a Jesus Freak... From this day forward!
I will make a difference.
Jesus, I thank you that You suffered and died for me on the
cross to pay for my sins.
Father, I thank You that You raised Jesus from the dead to be my living Lord and Savior.
Holy Spirit, I thank you that You will lead me to do the right thing and change my world.
Today, Lord, I want to make you a promise.
I will not be ashamed of Your name or Your Gospel.
I will do what I can for those who are persecuted and pray for them.
I will look enemies in the eye and love them with Your love.
I will pray for them and love
them—no matter the consequences.
I will follow Your voice wherever You lead me, unafraid, for I know You will be with me.
If I should stumble, if I fall, if I should deny Your name, if I should feel guilty that I did not
pray or forgot to do something You’ve asked me not to do, I will not quit.
I will not wallow in guilt. I will turn back to You, confess my sin, and do what You called me to do, because that is why You died for me.
I will stand with You and my brothers and sisters around the world, because no matter
what happens, no matter what I face or how it looks, in the end, we will be victorious—
we will inherit eternity and heaven with You.
I can do nothing else, because …I am a Jesus Freak.

Wow! Pretty powerful isn't it? Well, all I have to say is this: Are you a Jesus Freak? Do you want to be?

PS Here is the link to the site: https://www.jesusfreaks.net
You can get a printable version of the commitment above that you can sign and date.

No comments: