Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone will have a wonderful 2007.
Have you ever done New Year's Resolutions? I have, but I have found (along with the majority of America) they don't work at all. At least, they don't work for me. I decided this year to skip the resolutions. Instead, I decided to set goals for myself. Some of them are things I want to do, like read through my Bible in a year. Others are character qualities I want to achieve. Others are simply things I would like to learn about, or projects I want to complete. Some people would say: "So, goals and resolutions. What's the difference?" Well, to me a resolution is something you want desperately to do, and just decided to try to do it. A goal is something that you look up to and try to achieve but not necessarily in a time frame. For instance one of my long term goals is to graduate from High School. :) I would also like to attend college. (even more school!) I believe that my goals are not necessarily going to be achieved in one year. Some might take two or three or even five! Still though I can attempt to achieve them as soon as possible. I can always try, though I might not succeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I thought u might want 2 no that on Brio.com, u can get a plan for reading through the Bible.
rachel

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts, Hannah.
I might snatch them to use as short filler pieces in CtB (with your permission, of course ;P )
BTW- I love that quote from Sam. Never really thought about applying it that way, but that's really good!