Saturday, January 20, 2007

Worship...The Radical Way (Part 1)

Okay, well before I see eyebrows going up and people wondering about my sanity. (trust me, people do!)...Here is the basic idea for this series. I am going to show (from scripture) how God has defined worship and how we should do it. Now, this isn't going to be a "just sing songs and close your eyes" series. That part is up to you. Some people don't raise their hands in worship. They just don't. That is okay with me. I am simply going to try to boost your understanding of worship.
Here is the first question I need to answer. "What is worship? You mean when we sing three hymns in church and then sit?"
Well, worship is definitely not just singing. It is a lifestyle. I puzzled over this one for months, before it hit me over the head. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." If you really do everything for God's glory, you don't have to read to the end of this post. If you aren't, you might keep going. Doing everything for God is living worship. It never stops. Now, in heaven I firmly believe that worship will be 24/7. No matter what we are doing. If we are bowing before the throne, and singing praises or if we are cleaning up our mansions. We will be doing it for God. There should be no other desire, but on earth there is. We have the urge to impress this friend, make this person feel good, etc. etc. etc.
We need to worship God. We need to do it constantly and consistently. But how? Well, we need to have our hearts right. We need to not have sins in our lives. We need to be giving God the glory and credit for everything good that happens or is given to us. Will we fail? Yes. We aren't perfect, in fact are very very far from it. But, we cannot have that as an excuse. I believe that God is pleased with me, when I am right with him, don't have any unconfessed sin in my life, and am taking every breath just to worship him.
Now, there are many many more areas of worship I hope to explore, but I can never hope that I will cover every area. There is just too much stuff to cover and things to say.

PS If you have any questions, comment them and I will address them soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Looove this blog! Echo your well- written words entirley! You should write more for CtB! See you Friday!(Did that sneak upon you like it did me? www.mt-thoughts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Amen to MT's comment (write more for CtB, that is... LOL! SO glad you wrote a book review last time...)
This is another great post!

btw, MT, I like your blog, but I can't comment on it b/c I don't have a blogger account or anything like that...