Thursday, January 25, 2007

Another Awesome Quote (Yes, it is from the Two Towers)

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could it be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?...But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But, I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. Becuase they were holding on to something...There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for.
- Sam Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Yes, I do realize I have posted about part of this before. (See An Awesome Quote) But, not all of it. And I think I can pull yet another meaning from this quote. Sam was saying this to Frodo and from their point of view everything was going from bad to worse.
Sam asks how the world can go back to normal after so much bad had happened. That is so true for our country. We are (I believe) in the end times. If you don't believe me, study end times prophecy and then look in the newspaper or turn on the TV. But, he says later that this shadow is something that will pass. I totally believe this! Even if this old world doesn't get any better, we still have a life in heaven to look forward to. (If you are saved) I wrote before how we need to go to war. But, after we go to war, we have to keep going. We can't turn back, we have to keep going. So, we go to war and perservere. Think of all the stories where people were victorious only when they kept going. We have to be like that. We need to keep going even when it is hard. Don't turn back. Don't look down, look up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book review!!!:) Yeah that's the best thing Sam ever says!!!I love those movies. In fact I think I love all the movies on your profile!:P See ya next week! Meggy

Reeses, Andies, Rolos, Twix said...

sweet Hannah has a lot of good things to say. It makes me feel guilty. Oh now I must write something worth while on mine! lol
Lady

Reeses, Andies, Rolos, Twix said...

Darlin you stay on subject well.I do not stay on subject. Who would have known that all this lies behind you sweet face. See ya friday. Lady

Brittney said...

Hey girl! How are you? Awesome blog! ~Brittney

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the comment, Hannah. I like to write poems, (and stories, tho you know that already! :) ) but I'm not quite sure how good they are...
~Emma