Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Prayer (part 2)

Okay well, I didn't get to say everything I wanted to say last time, so here is more. (I felt that all of this in one post would be overwhelming)

Pray with confidence (1 John 5:14). God hears us! Don't beat around the bush, just ask. God wants to talk with us, we just simply push him away so many times.

Pray God's will. (Luke 22:42) Jesus prayed in the garden "Thy will not my will" and he truly meant it! He did what wasn't his preference so God could have his. He prayed that the cup would pass from him, but he knew it was the only way so he did it anyway.

Pray in humility. (2 Chronicles 7:14) This is a very common scripture (we quote it a ton) yet, very few people actually heed it and do it. I think all of us could improve there.

Pray and believe! (Matthew 21:22) You will recieve. Now, this is not talking about a 2007 Convertible or something like that. It is talking about an honest desire that is God's desire as well as your's. (Psalm 37:4) And just a note on the last verse. If we truly delight ourselves with God, that will be the desire of your heart! Cool, huh?

Anyways, the whole of this boils down to salvation. If you aren't saved all these ways to pray aren't going to help you a bit! Jesus loves you and died for you. But, God is not a sissie. He is just, and if you don't accept him you are in danger of hell! No, it isn't cruel. God really does love you, He wants you, but we push him away so often. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. But, don't think for a minute that God's gift of eternal life comes without a price. You just don't have to pay that price. Jesus died for you. He payed that price. He knows everything about you and is longing to see you as his child. Accept him into your life. Today is the day of salvation! We aren't guranteed another day. Don't think you will accept him tomorrow. Do it today! Just pray a simple prayer. (Now, please understand, the prayer isn't what saves you, believing that Jesus died and rose again does)
Jesus,
I know you died for me even though I don't deserve it. Please forgive me of my sins. I know you rose from the dead and are offering eternal life to me as a free gift. I accept your gift. Come into my life and make me your child. Forgive me for pushing you away before. Thank you for giving me eternal life with you in Heaven. Amen.

Did you pray that prayer? Did you mean it? If you did comment me (I won't publish it if you don't want me to) and tell me. If you really meant it then you need to grown in Christ. You need to get in church and talk to the pastor about your decision to follow Christ. You also need to confess your new faith by being baptized.

No comments: