Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Testimony

Well, I thought that it would be interesting to share my testimony with you all.
I have been in church my whole life. I think I've attended steadily since I was two weeks old. :) Church is kind of like a second home to me. Anyways, we had a service on July 4 one year. I was four or five and I thought "Hey! It would make Daddy happy if I told him I got saved!" So I did. I told my parents and brothers I had gotten saved. I even got baptized! Well, the only problem there was I didn't understand what I needed to understand and I really hadn't gotten saved. Three or four years later we were at Kid's Camp. I wasn't old enough to be there but, Daddy is a pastor so we all went. (he was a counselor and we got a cabin) On Thursday night, Bro. Shannon Caudle was preaching. When he asked us to come forward if we wanted to be saved, I wanted to so bad. But, come on! I was a pastor's daughter! Besides, everyone already thought I was saved! But, I went. I knew God wanted me, so I went. I went with another counselor, but he didn't understand what I was trying to say, so I went and talked with my Mom. She talked to me, and prayed with me. I remember afterwards going to meet up with the rest of our group and being so exicted. I didn't even know some of these people, but I told them I got saved anyways!
I think that one of the most memorable things about getting saved is the joy. I wish I still had that, and to some extent I do. But, we can't expect our joy to just remain forever. You have to ask God and seek him and you will find joy as you do.

2 comments:

His said...

I remember this so well! I am so proud of you!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
Thank you so much for being bold enough to put this on here. I love reading your blog, you are amazingly bold enough to say what God is trying to tell everyone!
Luv,
Emma