Saturday, December 30, 2006

Listen...

Have you ever spent time simply listening? Maybe simply sitting and listening to an elderly person who lives alone, and simply needs to talk to you. On Wednesday night, Chris remarked that many elderly people will tell you what they regret about not doing as a young person. He said "They wish they could do it now, but they can't. You are there, you can." Listen to what people say they regret not doing the most, and do that. For example, an elderly lady has told me several times, she wished she would have memorized more scripture. Well, what do I need to do? I need to memorize scripture while I am young. Now, you have to understand I am not saying that you should do something totally immoral. I would only listen to trusted Christian mentors, and take their advice seriously. They have many lessons they can teach us. The only question that remains now is: Will you listen?

No comments: