Monday, April 02, 2007

What Do You Bring to the Table?

What do you contribute to your fellow believers in Christ? Do you do nothing, sitting silently in a corner, always listening? Or, do you try to give God your all and get involved?

Mary, Lazarus's sister, brought Jesus a great gift: she annointed him with perfume and wiped his feet with her hair. The Bible says that the perfume was worth a year's wages. Today, that would be, on average, $30,000 to $35,000 (or somewhere in there). Would you sacrifice everything you would earn for a year, just to be rubbed on somebody's feet? Well, to be honest, I don't think most of us would. But, if it is Jesus's feet, that is a very different matter. But, still, who would? I could say that I would, but would I? I hope I would, but I haven't been in that situation yet. We need to give God our best, and we can't do that in a corner. We have to be in the action, right in the middle of whatever is happening.

But, really, how are you serving God? Are you serving him boldly, and with a purpose? Or, are you too ashamed to attend church openly? Serve God boldly, he didn't die in secret for you. He died in the open, for all to see. Serve him openly and boldly, but don't flaunt it, or boast about what you are doing for God. I am not saying you shouldn't serve God behind the scenes, in fact, I am saying to serve God and not be ashamed of it, and don't try to hide it. If you don't get recognition, that's okay. Those already rewarded with the praise of men have been rewarded. But, those who haven't will be rewarded by God (who wouldn't want to be?).

Bring things to the table, seen or unseen. Serve Jesus without any shame!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you posted! and you're spelling Ari's name wrong in your comments on her blog, it's Ariana, only one "n"....... :P

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment! You'll be a famous writer before me! You're much better in my opinion!
SEE YOU TOMORROW!!! :D hehehahahoho
~Kaylie Rachelle

Anonymous said...

Remember you said you were going to post that one line from the drama...