Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Give God your Best and Your All

What are you offering God? Are you singing, "I surrender most. I surrender most. Most of it to Jesus, I surrender. I surrender most."? Well, yes, that would be hard to fit with the melody, but is that your mindset? Do you mean what you sing? What's more, do you even pay attention to the words? So often, I get caught up in singing that I don't even think about what the song is really trying to say.

But, are you offering God your best? Or are you giving Him the leftovers of your time, your money, your energy? Many times we pour ourselves into school, work, play, or whatever else you do. And then, after pouring yourself out, there isn't any leftover for God. Put God first.

Read your Bible first thing in the morning. Don't wait till the evening when you don't have any time leftover, and can't keep your eyes open. I have heard many people say, "Give God all the years when you're single. When you get married, you can't be as completely lost in God." Most of you are single. I am (and am planning to be for some time!). The years when you don't have a spouse to be immersed in, immerse yourself in God! He is (or should be) the love of your life, while others will come and go!

Devote your time to God. Granted, you can't spend all day in front of your Bible (well, you can but, it's kind of impractical). But, you can live a lifestyle of worship. What is that? A lifestyle of worship is a life that is devoted to glorifying God and honoring him in everything that you do. Live like there isn't a tomorrow, because there might not be one! You don't know how long you'll live. You might live for five more minutes, or fifty more years (or the rapture might happen). Devote this vapor of a life to God, giving it all to him.

Give it all to God. Everything. My Dad said when preaching about this, "Some mornings I get out there, and I say 'God, your Taurus [our smaller car] won't start this morning.'" It's true. Some mornings I just want to yell! But, it isn't even yours. Just tell God it's his, and surrender it all to him. Life might not be better, but its simpler. You just have to think about what God can do (anything, right?). He can help you with that test, that problem, or that friend. Give all of it to him, and step back and let him work (however, I am not saying we shouldn't be willing tools! We should be!).

Give it all to God. It'll be so much safer with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chika!

I have nothing to say. Comment me! Goobye!