Tuesday, April 17, 2007

In His Steps By Charles Sheldon

I recently read In His Steps by Charles Sheldon, and really enjoyed it. This book is (as the publisher says) a novel, but not to be read as such. It is to be read with prayer, and thought.
This is a powerful story of Raymond, a small town in America, where many people decide to do exactly what they think (can interpret from scriptures and wise teaching) Jesus would do in their shoes for a year. You follow all of the characters as some fall, some continue, and the town changes- and with the town, follow the impact as it spreads. I highly recommend this book to any person at any age (though some very young readers may have trouble understanding and reading the whole book).

But, many thoughts crossed my head while I read this book, and thought about what it meant for my life. What would Jesus do if he were here, in this situation? It is a question I think every person needs to ask themselves. So many times, we are simply following our own inclinations, and God cannot use us as he would wish. We need to simply let go of the control panel, and let God take us where he will. But, asking yourself W.W.J.D.? (What Would Jesus Do?) will change your entire life, your aspect on things, and the way you handle certain situations and people. As simple a question as it is, it can change your life. So, today, ask yourself: What Would Jesus Do?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never have I heard of this book... I shall have to add it to my list of books to read (which is growing quite long, I might add).

Anonymous said...

YOU CHANGED YOUR SONG!!!!!! yay!!! (the other one was kind of getting on my nerves... :P :p)
Sounds like a good book... i've read an abridged version of it but never the real version...
see u 2nite!
~Kaylie

Anonymous said...

hey sarah!
sounds like a good book... i've read the abridged version but never the full version...
you changed your song!!! yay! (the other one was starting to get on my nerves! :p)
C U Sunday!
~Kaylie

p.s. i didn't already comment this, did i??

Anonymous said...

LANA~
Hi! Thanks for the comment, I didn't know how else to reply to you other than thru Sarah's blog, so...
How many animals do we have? ok, let's see.... 1 horse, 1 donkey, 7 goats, 32 sheep, 5 dogs, and 1 cat!
Oh and actually your comment did go thru twice but that's ok b/c the first time your name wasn't on there and I wouldn't know who it was from! :)
~Emma (remember, tho, it's really Kaylie! :P jk)

Anonymous said...

Hey...So what's been goin on?