Sunday, April 29, 2007

But, I Just Can't See Him Working Here

In the movie Facing the Giants, (which I highly recommend) Coach Taylor says to Mr. Bridges. "But, I just can't see him working here...." Mr. Bridges replied, "Coach Taylor, I heard a story once about two farmers. There was a drought. Both prayed and asked God for rain, but only one prepared his fields. Which one are you?" (or, something to that effect)
So many times in my life I can't see what's going to happen next. You tell God, I'll trust you forever, and it's similar to jumping of a cliff and not knowing how high it was. Then, you suddenly find, that God is holding you in his hand, and promises to never let you go. God has a plan for your life, but a lot of the time it is just so hard to see. The phrase "You can't see the forest for the trees." is actually more profound than you think at first glance. Just wrap your mind around that for just a minute. Sometimes we're in God's plan so that we can't even see us.

Honestly, the Isrealites make me laugh when I read about them. I'm just saying that from our point of view they look, well, unintelligent. We can't see it as they truly saw it, or we might make the same choices. But, the Israelites knew God had a plan for them. Why else would he bring them out of Egypt? But, time and time againt they chose to rebel against God. If we truly want what God wants, we will try to stay in the word, and close to him, and know that he will bring it all about in his timing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts, Hannah dear, and hey, welcome back!! Glad to see your blog would let you on!
8^P
BTW, thanks for that article you wrote, I thought it was really good!!
love, Lana

Anonymous said...

what a great post, Sarah!!
we've pretty much discussed this... so... thanks for posting it! :D